Effective 1 January 2023
Along with a new name, there are some exciting changes happening within the Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action (DEECA); most importantly for Landcare, Agriculture returns to the Environment portfolio!
With climate change and energy transformation at its heart, DEECA will integrate the Resources and Agriculture portfolios and together with Energy, Water and the Environment will drive a greater focus on emissions reduction opportunities and adaptation and consolidate oversight of Victoria’s resource-based sectors. This will better position Victoria to meet the government’s newly committed 2030 and 2035 and net zero by 2045 emissions reduction targets.
The Department will also auspice the establishment of the State Electricity Commission Victoria (SECV) and all energy programs and grants administered by DJPR will move to DEECA.
The Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action will continue to be led by Secretary John Bradley, and support the following Ministers:
· Minister for Climate Action Lily D’Ambrosio (Coordinating Minister)
· Minister for Energy and Resources Lily D’Ambrosio
· Minister for the State Electricity Commission Lily D’Ambrosio
· Minister for Environment Ingrid Stitt
· Minister for Water Harriet Shing
· Minister for Agriculture Gayle Tierney