- This event has passed.
Riddells Creek ZERO WASTE day
15 March 2020 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
In a local war against waste initiative, the Riddells Creek Neighbourhood House is hosting an inaugural Zero Waste Day on Sunday 15 March.
The Zero Waste Day incorporates the annual Riddells Creek Community Garage Sale (starting at 8am), in addition to a range of workshops and talks, clothes and book swaps, film screenings, stalls and more.
In an exciting development, the Riddells Creek Men’s Shed will run a repair cafe from 11.30am to 3.30pm so residents can have their items fixed for free in a bid to reduce waste.
The workshops will cover a range of topics, including efficient house design, learning how to make vegan and beeswax food wraps, recycling tips, kombucha making and moving to a plastic free home. There is something for everyone.
If you are coming along, here’s how to prepare.
- Register ASAP on TryBooking or at the House to hold a garage sale on the day.
- Register on TryBooking to attend one of the workshops or talks.
- Sort through your unwanted and unused good quality clothing/shoes/jewellery and drop off at the House from Monday 2 March.
- Bring along your household items that need fixing.
- Sort through your unwanted books and deliver to the Uniting Church on Wednesday from 9.30am to 2pm.
- Bring your empty and clean containers to fill up your personal care and cleaning items at Roving Refills.
- Bring other items that can be recycled: bread tags, ring pulls, metal bottle tops, coffee pods, batteries, old printers and more.
Food and drinks with an emphasis on reducing, reusing and recycling, will be available throughout the day.
Garage sale maps will be available for $5 from 8 am at the Neighbourhood House or at Poulton’s Garage (just across the road).